Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What are you reading?


A few months back our teacher-librarian thought it would be a great idea if we created photo posters that showed us reading so that we may inspire our students to read. So we each chose a book and then some of us dressed the part too. My book called Duck on a Bike, by David Shannon, it is one of my favorite read alouds that can be used at different grade levels. It is a story about a duck who sees a bike and decides to ride it through the farm. When the other animals see him they all have opinions of Duck riding the bike. But later, when more bikes become available, all the animals true feelings come out and they all decide to ride. Of course they have a blast, which reminds me of riding with my buddies. The illustrations are priceless and great to look at as the story is told. If you have young kids I highly recommend this book to share with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment